If you love pick up trucks but don't want the high gas prices or the difficulty in parking an overlarge heavy duty model, the 2018 GMC Canyon could be your dream vehicle. Kelley Blue Book called the 2018 GMC Canyon, "a standout in the resurgent midsize-pickup-truck segment," and gave it an 8.5 out of 10 in Expert Review.
The 2018 GMC Canyon is an excellent choice if you want the towing power and capabilities of a pickup but don't want to drive an overlarge, bulky vehicle. The Canyon is easier to maneuver and park in congested traffic. It takes up less space in your garage or in a carport. It's also far more fuel efficient. But it still offers all the fun and usability of driving a pickup truck. Take it out on the town or use it for moving furniture. It's great on a job site but still offers a presentable, attractive exterior.
The 2018 GMC Canyon is available with a 5-foot or 6-foot bed, depending on your preference. You can also choose the extended or crew cab for more passenger room inside. The price range for the basic model starts at $21,100 with the most expensive trim level at $43,600. There are three different types of engine - 4-cylinder, 6-cylinder, and turbodiesel.
Trim Levels for the 2018 GMC Canyon
The 2018 GMC Canyon is available in six different trim levels to fit every taste and budget. The Canyon is available with a five-foot bed or a six-foot bed. You have your choice of cabin size from regular to extended to crew cabin.
The 2018 GMC Canyon offers the following trim levels:
• SL. The most basic trim level for the 2018 GMC Canyon is the SL, which starts at $21,100. This trim level is available with the extended cab and comes equipped with rear vision camera and StabiliTrak electronic stability control. It also features halogen projector beam headlamps, LED lighting, a cornerstep bumper for convenience, and 16 inch cast aluminum wheels in ultra silver metallic.
• Canyon. The next trim level is the Canyon and it comes standard with everything included in the SL and a few additions. This trim is available in both extended and crew cab and the front and rear carpeted floor mats come standard. Assist steps, the EZ Lift tailgate and lower tailgate are also available for this trim level. Optional trailering package upgrades and cargo upgrades are also available. The starting price for the Canyon is $24,600..
• SLE. The SLE trim starts at $28,500. It's available in crew or extended cab and both the long and short box. All of the basic standard features are included but the SLE also includes 17-inch aluminum wheels in Blade Silver Metallic. The 8-inch infotainments center with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay come standard on this trim level. There are also manual folded, body-colored side mirrors and an EZ Lift and lower tailgate.
• All Terrain. Brand new this year, the All Terrain is only available in 4x4 drivetrain. This model was created for those who want a medium sized truck for style and versatility and some off-roading capabilities to make it even more fun to drive. This trim level comes with 17 inch Dark Argent Metallic cast aluminum wheels. It has the off-road suspension package and hill descent control included. The All Terrain starts at $37,800.
• SLT. The SLT starts at $34,800 and comes with all of the standard features of the SLE but it includes a few key additions. Keyless start and single-zone automatic climate control are included. The SLT comes equipped with driver and front passenger heated seats, 18-inch polished cast aluminum wheels, and automatic locking rear differential.
• Denali. The Denali is the top trim level for the 2018 Canyon. It includes all of the standard features from the models below but the Denali adds luxury and style to its interior and exterior features. There's a standard spray on bed liner to protect the usability and durability of your truck bed. Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning come standard in this trim and the Bose 7 speaker sound system is included. The Denali sports 20-inch ultra bright machined aluminum wheels with colored accents. Overall, the Denali looks and feels like a luxury truck. The starting price is $39,600.
No matter what your preference, there's a Canyon trim level just right for your lifestyle and needs.
2018 GMC Canyon Exterior Design
The exterior design of the 2018 GMC Canyon has no pretense. It's a straightforward mid-sized pickup, made with excellent quality craftsmanship. It features nice clean lines and a distinct GMC front grill. The SLT comes with chrome accents on the door and mirrors that give the exterior a more interesting and classic look.
The front end gives a great, distinct look - with projector type headlamps and LED lighting. The bed was designed to be used and every aspect was created to make the pick up a convenient vehicle for your lifestyle. There's a cornerstep rear bumper and EZ Lift and lower tailgate. The bed can be covered with a spray on bed liner to help you maintain the pristine look of your new mid-sized truck. There are cargo accessories and tie downs you can use to better meet your needs.
Overall, the outward appearance of the 2018 GMC Canyon is pleasant. It's not overpowering like the larger models. It's fun to drive and easy to maneuver.
Step Inside the 2018 GMC Canyon
If you expect an interior made from high-quality materials, you won't be disappointed with the 2018 Canyon. The interior of the Canyon puts you in the lap of luxury. Even the lowest trim level features beautiful seating. As your trim level moves up, so does the opulence. With noise reducing innovations and a triple door seal, you can expect that the inside of the cabin is quiet and peaceful.
The All Terrain vehicle is available with leather-appointed seats and a spacious interior. No matter the trim level or cab choice, you'll find a great deal of room and beautiful interior. The upholstery options include cloth, vinyl, and leather. The seats themselves are large enough to be comfortable for most sizes and the controls are made to be easily usable and accessible for the driver. There are options, such as heated driver and passenger seats, to cater to the comfort of the journey. You'll find plenty of room to spread out on a long drive, lots of leg room, comfortable seating, and places to store your things. There are options to charge phones and devices and the console and doors are made with the user's convenience in mind. You'll find easy ways to organize all of the things you need to take with you on your trip.
2018 GMC Canyon Safety Features
The 2018 GMC Canyon was created with your best options in mind. This includes their safety decisions when it came to the way this mid-sized truck was designed. Each of these features is designed to keep drivers and their passengers safer during their travels, whether by giving them options to enhance awareness of the surroundings or by providing extra support for the interior of the vehicle.
Here are a few of the safety features available:
• Teen Driver. Teen Driver offers extra support for young drivers who are just learning the rules of the road. It takes time to develop the second nature instincts necessary to become a competent driver. With this feature, parents can rest assured that their young drivers are following the best protocol behind the wheel and the system helps to reinforce good driving habits. Teen Driver provides a report card so that parents can help instruct their drivers on proper safety protocol. It also allows parents to control features.
• Pro Grade Protection. This protection package comes standard on all 2018 GMC Canyons. It includes the OnStar basic plan for 5 years and the OnStar Guidance Plan is included for the first 3 months as an introductory offer in case you want to upgrade. This plan also includes two maintenance visits with the dealer and limited bumper to bumper and powertrain warranties. You'll also get 5 years or 60,000-mile roadside assistance included. The Pro Grade Protection is included in your purchase to help you maintain your vehicle optimally, which is imperative for proper safety on the road.
• Extended Cab Rear Seat Cushion Extension. GMC realized that many drivers who have families prefer to purchase the extended cab configuration of the 2018 Canyon. However, the rear seats are designed without the depth necessary to properly install a child safety seat in the back. To accommodate families with young children, the rear seat cushion extension was designed. This allows you to extend that portion of the rear seat to properly secure child safety seats in your vehicle.
• Available Forward Collision Alert. The forward collision alert gives drivers a clear alert when a collision may be imminent. This feature is triggered when the car in front of you has stopped or you're coming up to them with a greater speed than they are traveling. The alert gives you more time to slow your speed to avoid collision scenarios.
• Available Lane Departure Alert. The Lane Departure Alert is enacted when you start drifting into another lane without using your turn signal. In cases where the driver is distracted, it gives them a warning so that they know to right their steering. In cases where the driver is forgetting to use their turn signal, it gives them an extra reminder so that they can develop better safe driving habits.
There's no substitute for engaged, conscientious driving. These safety applications are meant to give the driver more support in driving in a responsible way, but they don't take the place of good habits on the road.
Technology and Connectivity in the 2018 GMC Canyon
Technology is a part of your everyday life. GMC recognizes your need to stay connected personally and professionally. They've added a number of excellent features which are available in the Canyon. Drivers can access their favorite technology for work or pleasure, adding to the convenience of their travel experience.
Here are a few of the technology features available for the Canyon:
• 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot. You can connect up to 7 devices through the Wi-Fi hotspot available through some OnStar plans, allowing you access to the internet while you travel. As an extra benefit, using the Wi-Fi means that you won't be relying on your mobile phone data plan, which can get costly depending on your carrier and contract.
• Infotainment System with Navigation. The infotainment system allows you to connect to Bluetooth, access your smart phone's applications, and even use hands-free technology. You can play your favorite music, use the navigation system included or pull up the navigation from your phone. You can make hands free phone calls or set your favorite playlist. This application offers a lot of choices for use and interfaces with both Apple and Android devices.
• Rear Vision Camera. The Rear Vision camera comes standard on all 2018 GMC Canyons. It's also available with trailering assist to help you monitor the vehicle you're towing on the road.
• USB Ports and Outlets. There are up to 4 USB ports and charging outlets in the 2018 Canyon, helping you to keep your devices ready to use at all times.
• My GMC Mobile App. The mobile app is available on the Canyon and this lets you control many of your vehicles features right from your phone. You can locate your Canyon on a map, check the fluids from your phone, even start the car remotely and lock/unlock the doors. You can also access maintenance reminders through the application.
Are You in the Market for a 2018 GMC Canyon in the San Antonio Area?
If you live in or near Selma and are looking for a reputable car dealership to show you the latest model GMC Canyon, stop by Gunn Buick GMC.
We serve Schertz, Seguin, New Braunfels, and the entire San Antonio area.
Feel free to stop in to discuss your needs with one of our staff
, or call us directly at: (210) 941-4859.