If you like the masculine look of a mighty pick up truck but yearn for a high quality, great looking vehicle that will make heads turn, the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 has you covered on both counts.
This pickup has gorgeous lines and a great look about it. It's no little, family truckster - the Sierra is large and powerful. It might look great all cleaned up on the town, but the towing capacity and durability are tough to beat, too. this is a vehicle you can take on the job site and still looks great for an evening out. Kelley Blue Book
rated this vehicle an 8.1 out of 10 in a market of hard working, high towing capacity pickups. Kelley also gave it a five-star crash test rating. The Sierra offers a classier exterior appeal than a lot of the competition, without sacrificing the power you want in your large sized pickup.
One of the downsides mentioned in reviews is that this vehicle takes up a lot of garage space. But if you prefer a large vehicle, the Sierra might be the best choice for you.
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Trim Levels
The 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 is available in four different trim levels. This gives you some options when it comes to luxury and comfort. Any of these trims can be upgraded for even better-towing capabilities. The Sierra features a 420 horsepower engine with towing capacity up to 12,500 pounds. You'll get an average of 18 miles per gallon in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. Each of these trim levels is available with three different cab sizes - regular cab, double cab, and crew cab. The most spacious is the crew cab with a full-size back seat that can seat three comfortably.
The 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 is available in the following trim levels:
• Sierra. The Sierra is the basic trim level for this model. On the outside, it's a stylish looking vehicle but it still has good towing capacity and comes with a V6 EcoTec Engine. The base model also comes equipped with an infotainments system and rearview camera. You can upgrade for better towing capacity, or choose different cab sizes. The interior is well made and comfortable, though the higher trim models do offer a bit more in luxury. This trim starts at $32,645.
• SLE. The SLE offers all of the features included in the Sierra but a bit more luxury on the inside. The 7-inch touchscreen display in the lower trim model is replaced here with an 8-inch display. You also get cruise control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, IntelliLink and EZ lift tailgate. The SLE also comes with automatic rear locking differential. This trim starts at $39,310.
• SLT. The SLT really ramps up the luxury. On the exterior, you'll notice chrome door handles and moldings, giving it a graceful appearance. Inside, you'll find leather-appointed seats with driver seat memory. You'll also notice a more powerful engine and better towing capacity. The SLT offers a V8 and 6-speed automatic transmission. You can upgrade to the 8-speed if you're inclined. You'll notice all of the bells and whistles available on the lower trim models are included here, as well. This trim starts at $45,780.
• Denali. The Denali is a luxury truck without question. From the exterior to the interior to the performance, you know you've got a quality pick up that can take you to any event and still perform on a job site. The Denali offers all of the standard features from the lower models but with some added luxury. You get wireless charging, leather front bucket seats, and the enhanced driver alert package included. The starting price on this trim is $55,755.
Exterior Design in the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500
The exterior of the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 is all about class and gorgeous lines. This is most definitely a pickup truck that means business but it includes grace and style in the sillouette. The distinct grille gives this truck a unique look that captures attention. With the higher trim models, chrome accents complete a picture of high-quality craftsmanship.
The Sierra is specially designed to perform on the road, whether towing a larger load or driving around town. You can add features to improve your experience, such as the all-terrain package or the Sierra elevation edition. Your choices are only limited by your lifestyle. The Sierra offers LED lighting and tail lights. It's also available with Intellibeam technology and it's offered with box lighting, so you can more easily see the bed of your pick up after dark. There's a corner step rear bumper to make loading and unloading your truck bed a touch easier. You can also add on features, such as a spray on bedliner to help protect your pick up from the elements and rough and tumble use.
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Interior Features
The interior of the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 is all about style and comfort. The basic model comes with quality fabric or vinyl seats. While there are a few options in cab size, even the regular cab is roomy for the driver and passenger. All models come equipped with a touchscreen display in the center of the dash. The higher trim models are equipped with bucket leather seats and center console for extra storage and convenience. Double cabs feature room for six passengers and crew cabs seat five comfortably.
The cabin is specially made to block out the sounds of the road, for a quiet, relaxing ride. The truck handles well, but it does get a bit bumpy over rough terrain as you would expect in a pickup truck. You can also opt for power adjustable driver seating, heated or cooled front seats, power adjustable pedals and a heated leather-wrapped steering wheel.
The interior of the 2018 Sierra offers a luxurious, comfortable ride. All of the technology you need for your trip is accessible and on the higher trim models, there is wireless charging for your devices. The biggest upgrade for your 2018 Sierra is in the attention to detail inside the cockpit. From trim to seating materials to carpeting, you'll step into a vehicle that offers a high quality feel and look.
Safety You Can Count On in Your 2018 GMC Sierra 1500
The 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 offers a number of safety features to ease your mind on your travels. Here are just a few of the safety features that come standard and can be added on to your new Sierra.
• Pro Grade Protection. Pro Grade Protection comes standard on all new 2018 GMC Sierra 1500s, no matter the trim level. This protection includes a 3 year or 36,000-mile bumper to bumper warranty, 5 year / 60,000-mile roadside assistance, and 5 year / 60,000-mile Powertrain limited warranty. It also includes a 3 month trial of the OnStar Guidance Plan and 5-year subscription to the OnStar Basic Plan.
• Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keeping Assist. Lane departure warning and keeping assist are available to help you determine when you're veering out of your lane. It also gently prompts the wheel back over to your own lane.
• Available Forward Collision Alert. This lets the driver know that a collision may occur with both visual and auditory prompts.
• Available Safety Alert Seat. The safety alert seat will vibrate gently to give drivers an indication that on of the alert functions is activated.
• Low-Speed Automatic Braking. The low speed automatic braking feature detects a possible collision if the car in front of you has stopped or slowed substantially. It will automatically apply the brakes if the driver hasn't already done so.
• Blind Spot Monitor. The blind spot monitor alerts you if there's a vehicle in your blind spot.
• Intellibeam Technology. This function turns on the high beams automatically for optimal vision during inclement conditions.
• Hill Start Assist. This feature helps to apply the brakes as you switch to acceleration in order to move forward up a steep incline.
• Front and Rear Parking Assist. Front and rear parking assist might be seen as safety or as more of a convenience factor. Fender benders often happen when drivers misjudge parking spaces, so this feature is quite helpful. The driver gets prompts to help maneuver into tight spaces.
• Rear Vision Camera. The rearview camera is standard on all 2018 Sierra 1500 models. This allows the driver a full view behind the vehicle to diminish the chance of collision during any process where you're backing up the vehicle.
The Sierra also comes equipped with standard airbags, a five-star rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and a rating of "good" across the board from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The truck is durable and made well. With the extra safety features to help drivers better manage the controls, this is an excellent vehicle for enhanced safety.
No technology will take the place of a vigilant driver who pays attention to their surroundings. It's always recommended that you remove all distractions while on the road. The alerts and safety features only offer an extra reminder. They don't take the place of conscientious driving.
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Available Technology
You need to stay connected to the world around you and Sierra's features help you do that remarkably well. So many drivers today need to have access to their phone, apps, and devices. It's not just a matter of convenience. People often work from the road or need to check in on their clients or office from wherever they are.
You also may need to be connected to your family at all times. GMC took the initiative to upgrade some of the standard features and offer great technology that you can add on to your trim model, as well. Here are a few of the technology features offered in the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500:
• My GMC Mobile App. the My GMC Mobile App allows you to have control of your Sierra right from your phone. You can pinpoint where your Sierra is in location, lock and unlock the doors, and start the car remotely all from your phone. You can also monitor the 4G Wi-Fi and your truck's diagnostics. You'll have access to information about the fuel level, fluids, and tire pressure.
• Wireless Charging Pad. This feature comes standard with the highest trim model. Located in the center console, this pad allows you to charge your smartphone and other devices without the hassle of a USB port.
• Apple CarPlay. This feature in your infotainment system allows you to access all of the information available on your iPhone right through your display.
• Android AutoPlay. For Android users, this allows you to access your phone apps through the display.
• Infotainment System with Touchscreen Display. Your infotainment system includes navigation, Bluetooth technology, and smartphone integration so that you can access items on your device, such as the contacts for phone calls or a playlist for you music selection.
• Available 4G Wi-Fi. If you use your devices on the road, need to work from the car, or just take a lot of family trips, you never have to worry about not being able to access the internet away from home.
No matter what your profession or lifestyle, having the right technology available at all times can give you peace of mind and a more comfortable journey.
Looking for a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 in the San Antonio Area?
If you're looking for a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 near Selma, Gunn Buick GMC can help you find the perfect truck.
We serve the areas of Selma, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Schertz, and Seguin.
For sales call (210) 941-4859.
For service call (866) 719-9369.